Spaghetti is one of my favorite foods to feed a baby. They love the chewy texture, and I love how I can prepare it differently each time to favor their needs. This pasta has been a favorite with my kids. They love the creamy sauce that pairs with the pasta, and I love that it has a secret hidden veggie inside!
Baby’s First Cheesy Noodles
- 2-4 oz. angel hair pasta noodles
- 1/2 sweet potato, chopped and steamed
- 1 tb. butter
- 2-4 tb. milk
- 2 tb. parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Begin cooking the pasta noodles according to the package directions.
- Add steamed sweet potatoes to Baby Bullet Blender. Add a few tb. of the steamer water, or just plain water, to the blender. Blend until it becomes a creamy puree.
- Heat a small cooking skillet, add butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in 3 tb. of the sweet potato puree. (Save the extra puree for baby feeding later or to make more pasta sauce!)
- With the heat on low/medium, whisk in the puree, then slowly begin to whisk in the milk. (The more milk, the thinner the sauce.)
- Sprinkle in the parmesan and nutmeg, and then whisk until it’s a creamy sauce.
- Turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta, add the noodles to the sauce and toss.
- Serve or store in the fridge for 1-3 days.